中华人民共和国外交部 |
北京市人民政府 |
北京市人民政府外事办公室
首页
通州外办
政务公开
市民讲外语
友好交往
涉外事务
出入境指南

4月11日旅游咨询服务中心英语角授课内容

Dialogue A

AWhat are your plans for the weekend?

A你这个周末打算做什么?

BI’m going to hire a bike. I think it would be a good idea to do some cycling on Sunday.

B我打算租一辆自行车。我想这个星期天去骑会儿自行车是个不错的注意。

ABe careful on your bike.Beijing traffic can be dangerous.

A一定要小心骑车。北京的交通可是比较混乱的。

BThanks.I’ll be careful.

B谢谢。我会小心的。

 

Dialogue B

ALet’s have a quick lunch.What would you like to eat?

A我们来抓紧时间吃个午餐。你想吃些什么?

BI only want a snack. I'm not very hungry.

B我只想吃点小点。我不是很饿。

AMe too.I just want one dish.I’m on a diet.

A我也是。我只想点一个菜。我正在减肥。

BHow about sharing a plate of spring rolls and salad.

B咱们来共享一份春卷和撒拉吧。

 

Dialogue C

AWhat about you?What’s your favourite building?Which one do you like?

A你觉得呢?什么是你最喜欢的建筑物?你喜欢哪个?

BMy favourite is the Olympic Stadium – the Bird’s Nest.

B我最喜欢的是一个奥运会场馆-鸟巢。

AIt’s a fantastic piece of architecture.

A它确实是一项令人惊叹的建筑。

BIt’s so unusual for a stadium.

B非常不同寻常的场馆。

 

Proverb

1.Actions speak louder than words.

事实胜于雄辩。

2.Money is the root of all evil.             

金钱是万恶之源。

3.Happiness takes no account of time.

幸福不觉光阴过.

4.A friend in need is a friend indeed.

患难见真交。

5.Take time while time is, for time will be away.

机不可失,时不再来。

 

Passage

The plane was late and detectives were waiting at the airport all morning. They were expecting a valuable parcel of diamonds from South Africa. A few hours earlier, someone had told the police that thieves would try to steal the diamonds. When the plane arrived, some of the detectives were waiting inside the main building while others were waiting on the airfield. Two men took the parcel off the plane and carried it into the Customs House. While two detectives were keeping guard at the door, two others opened the parcel. To their surprise, the precious parcel was full of stones and sand!

参考译文

飞机误点了,侦探们在机场等了整整一上午。他们正期待从南非来的一个装着钻石的贵重包裹。数小时以前,有人向警方报告,说有人企图偷走这些钻石。当飞机到达时,一些侦探等候在主楼内,另一些侦探则守候在停机坪上。有两个人把包裹拿下飞机,进了海关。这时两个侦探把住门口,另外两个侦探打开了包裹。令他们吃惊的是,那珍贵的包裹里面装的全是石头和沙子!
© 2005 all rights reserved.power by Foreign Affairs Office of Tongzhou District
中国.北京.通州区人民政府外事办公室