中华人民共和国外交部 |
北京市人民政府 |
北京市人民政府外事办公室
首页
通州外办
政务公开
市民讲外语
友好交往
涉外事务
出入境指南

1月15日西门麦当劳英语角授课内容

《走遍美国》:You're Going to Be Fine ACT I

Philip Stewart and his nurse, Molly Baker, are working in his office in LawrenceHospital.

Philip: Molly, I need your special talent for handling special matters. Molly,我需要你处理特殊情况的特殊才能。

Molly : Like what special matters? 什么样的特殊情况?

Philip: Well, I have a scheduling problem.我在安排工作方面遇到困难。

Molly : Yes? 是吗?

Philip: I have three tonsillectomies set for Friday with Dr. Earl.

我安排好要和Earl大夫在星期五进行三个扁桃腺切除手术。

Molly : Yes? 是吗?

Philip: I need to fit a fourth operation into his schedule. And ... I know you can do it.我得在他的工作日程上再加第四个手术。这……我知道你能做到。

Molly : Who's the patient? 病人是谁?

Philip: Carl Herrera. Carl Herrera。The boy has infected tonsils, and we should remove them as soon as possible.这孩子的扁桃腺受到感染了,我们要尽快把它切除。

Molly : Well, I'll try to arrange the schedule, Dr. Stewart. But it's not going to be easy.好吧,我尽力去安排,Stewart大夫。不过,这事可不容易。

Philip: I know you'll be able to take care of it.

我知道你能够处理好这件事。

Philip: Well, Mrs. Herrera, Carl will be perfectly fine after we remove his tonsils.

你好,Herrera太太,切除扁桃腺之后,Carl会完全恢复健康的。

Mother: Thank you for your reassurance, Dr. Stewart. He's had so many colds and sore throats recently.

谢谢你消除了我的顾虑,Stewart大夫。他最近常常感冒,并且喉咙痛。

Philip: Well, it's a very easy operation, Carl. You won't feel a thing.这是个很简单的手术,Carl。你一点感觉也没有。

Carl: But when do they do it? 但是什么时候动手术?

Philip: This Friday. 这个星期五。

Carl: But Saturday's my birthday. 但星期六是我的生日。

Philip: Well, we could reschedule the operation, Mrs. Herrera, but I don't want to put it off too long.这样吧,我们可以重新安排手术时间,Herrera太太。但我希望不要拖得太久。

Mother: No, I think it's important to do it now. We can have a birthday party for you, Carl, When you come out of the hospital.

不,我觉得还是应该现在动手术。我们可以给你举行生日派对,Carl,在你病好出院后。

Carl: But it won't be on my birthday. 但是那就不是在我生日那天了。

Mother: But your health is more important, Carl. Believe me.

可是你的身体更重要,Carl。相信我的话。

Carl: I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想把扁桃腺割掉。

Philip: Nurse Baker, would you come in, please?

Baker护士,请你来一下,好吗?

Molly : Hello, Mrs. Herrera. Hi, Carl, how you doing?

你好,Herrera太太。嗨,Carl,你怎么样啦?

Carl: I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想切除扁桃腺。

Molly : Come with me, Carl. You and I will talk this over.

跟我来,Carl。我俩商量商量。

Mother: She has a special way with kids. 她对孩子很有一套。

Philip: She sure does. 她的确如此。

Molly : Carl, does your throat hurt? Carl,你喉咙痛吗?

Carl: Yes. 是的。

Molly : OK. Do you want to get better? 好,你想把病治好吗?

Carl: Yes. 是的。

Molly : OK. We want you to get better, too. You'll have your tonsils out tomorrow, and you won't get so many colds anymore.我们也希望你能尽快康复。明天,你的扁桃腺切除后,你就不会老患感冒了。

Carl: But if I have my tonsils out tomorrow, I'll miss my birthday party on Saturday.但是,我如果明天切除扁桃腺,就会错过星期六生日派对。

Molly : I know. It's a problem, isn't it? Let me try to work something out.我知道。这确实是个问题,不是吗?让我想个办法解决。

Carl: What? 什么办法?

Molly : I have to think about it. 我得想一想。

Carl: You're fooling me. 你想骗我。

Molly : Oh, I'm not, Carl. Give me a chance to think about it, and I'll come up with something.

噢,我不骗你,Carl。给我一个机会想想,我会想出一个办法的。

Carl: A surprise? 一个惊喜?

Molly : Maybe. But you just put on your pajamas and robe, and I'll think of a surprise.

也许是。你先把你的睡衣裤和长袍穿上,我来想出一个绝好的主意。

Carl: Will it hurt? 会痛吗?

Molly : No. There are other boys and girls here, and they're having their tonsils out. You'll meet them.

不痛。还有其他男孩女孩在这,他们也将切除扁桃腺。你会见到他们的。

Carl: I don't want to. 我不想见。

Molly : Change your clothes, Carl. Everything will be just fine.

把衣服换了,Carl。一切都会安好的。
© 2005 all rights reserved.power by Foreign Affairs Office of Tongzhou District
中国.北京.通州区人民政府外事办公室